Department of Rural and Community Development
Community Support Fund under the Community Enhancement Programme 2022
The Department of Rural and Community Development (“the Department”) funds the Community Support Fund (CSF) which provides funding to support community groups across Ireland.
The Community Support Fund will support groups, particularly in disadvantaged areas with their non-pay running costs for example energy costs/bills (electricity costs, refuse charges, heating charges) or other non-pay operating costs for example rental/lease costs, insurance bills. Groups will also be able to use the funding to carry out necessary repairs and improvements to their facilities, purchase equipment for example tables and chairs, tools and signage, laptops and printers, lawnmowers, canopies and training equipment etc.
Grant amounts allocated will be in the region of €500 to €2500 per community group.
It is administered by Local Community Development Committees (LCDCs) in each Local Authority area.
Applications should relate to one or more key priority areas identified in their LCDC’s Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP) in order to be eligible for consideration.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Community Supports Fund will support groups, particularly in disadvantaged areas, with their non-pay running/operating costs, as well as funding to carry out necessary repairs and improvements to their facilities and purchase equipment. The scheme does not provide funding for the pay or employment of staff.
- The activity or project must benefit the local community and relate to the key priority areas identified in the LECP.
- The information supplied by the applicant group /organisation must be accurate and complete.
- Misinformation may lead to disqualification and/or the repayment of any grant made.
- All information provided in respect of the application for a grant will be held electronically. The Department reserves the right to publish a list of all grants awarded on its website.
- The Freedom of Information Act applies to all records held by the Department and Local Authorities.
- The application must be signed by the Chairperson, Secretary or Treasurer of the organisation making the submission.
- It is the responsibility of each organisation to ensure that it has proper procedures and policies in place, including appropriate insurance, where relevant.
- Evidence of expenditure, receipts /invoices must be retained and provided to the LCDC or their representative if requested.
- The Department is stating that only energy/operating costs incurred in the period 1st April 2022 to 31st March 2023 are eligible.
- Grant monies must be expended and drawn down from the LCDC by 31st July 2023. Photographic evidence may be required to facilitate draw down of grants.
- The Department’s contribution must be publicly acknowledged in all materials associated with the purpose of the grant.
- Generally no third party or intermediary applications will be considered.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Breaches of the terms and conditions of the grants scheme may result in sanctions including disbarment from future grant applications.
- Please ensure the application form is completed in full. Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
- In order to process your application it may be necessary for Tipperary County Council to collect personal data from you. Such information will be processed in line with the Local Authority’s privacy statement which is available to view on https://www.tipperarycoco.ie/your-council/tipperary-county-council-privacy-statement.
For queries relating to this scheme, email email@example.com
Any not-for-profit community or voluntary group can apply.
Commercial organisations and individuals are not eligible for funding
Applicants are obliged to be a member of Tipperary Public Participation Network (PPN), which is a database of all the active community and voluntary, social inclusion and environmental organisations in your area. Criteria for becoming a member of the PPN can be found here
You will be requested to enter your PPN number as part of this application form. Registration details can be found here
Successful applications for funding under this programme will only be paid to the applicant organisation’s Bank Account. Please ensure you have your Bank Account details to hand if your application is successful.